Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chapter 18

Maddy's dad was calling Maddy's cell phone but she was ignoring it because of how her mother treated Kris. She was looking at her phone as it was ringing for the hundredth time and Kris came over and sat down next to her on the bed.

"Answer it sweetheart" Kris said.
"No, I will not talk to them after my mom told me to make you give up your rights to the twins" Maddy said looking at Kris and then her phone stopped ringing.
"Madeline, I know you are upset at her for what she said but they are your parents and probably want to know you are fine" Kris said as he put his hand on Maddy's abdomen.
"I am too upset with her to talk to her right now. I would say something hurtful now so when I am ready to talk to her I will".
"Fine when you are ready to talk to her then call her. Right now I think we both need to get out of the room and do something fun" Kris said getting up off the bed and held his hand out to Maddy. She took his hand and he helped her up.

They headed out of the hotel room and then got into Kris's car and they went for a drive. They ended up at a park. They got out of the car and went for a walk along the Monongahela River. It was nice to get out and just wander along the pathway. Kris and Maddy did not talk and enjoyed the scenery as they held hands. It was peaceful and fun and thankfully no one bothered Kris which was a plus for their walk. They ended up at a playground that no one was playing on so Maddy walked over to the swing and sat down.

"Push me" she said with a huge smile on her face. Kris obliged and started pushing Maddy. After a few pushes Kris moved back as Maddy stated swinging on her own and then Kris sat down on the one next to Maddy and started swinging too.

"This is fun" Maddy giggled and Kris laughed too. They swung until they it they both were getting hungry. They left and headed back to the car and then went to a cool little diner that they both liked.

As they were enjoying their late lunch, Maddy's cell phone went off again and she pulled it out and Kris grabbed it and answered it.

"Hello" Kris said.
"Hello this is not Madeline. Who is this?" the other person said.
"Its Kris and who may I asked is this?" Kris answered politely.
"This is Madeline's mother Ann. Can I please speak to her?" Ann asked annoyed that Kris had Maddy's phone.
"She is not able to come to the phone so I can give her a message" Kris said.
"Fine, tell my daughter she needs to come to her senses and leave you and find someone else. Sorry to be so blunt about it but its best for Madeline" Ann explained.
"Maddy can not leave me because she is my wife and with that Mrs Chase, I will let you go. Have a great day" Kris said obnoxiously and hung up.
"Who the fuck does she think she is anyway. Sorry baby I know she is your mother but seriously. She has ticked me off to the point I completely understand where you are coming from now. Shall we head back to the hotel?" Kris asked exasperated.
"I am so glad you see why I am so pissed at her and yes we can head back" Maddy said smiling at her amazing husband. Kris paid the bill and they left and headed back.

They got back to their very nicely clean hotel room and snuggled close on the bed to watch a movie. At one point Maddy looked up at Kris, "Thank you".
"What are you thanking me?" Kris asked confused.
"For being who you and I love you" Maddy said smiling and leaned up to kiss Kris. He kissed her back and said, "You are welcome and I love you more, sweetheart and I tell you all the time I will protect you no matter what because you are so special to me".
"I know" Maddy said snuggling back against Kris's chest to watch the movie.

1 comment: